Laser skin resurfacing precisely removes skin layer by layer. Any scars, acne, hyperpigmentation, flaws, and wrinkles will be removed through this procedure. Most importantly, this procedure can eliminate large pores on your skin effectively. The laser skin resurfacing is a method that is used for skin resurfacing as an alternative resurfacing technique other than an ablative laser or a chemical peel. New skin will later form and this new skin is tighter, better, and free from any flaws. The best laser to shrink pores is the laser skin resurfacing procedure.
The laser skin resurfacing can remove acne scars or marks effectively and efficiently. Acne can bring down your confidence level and self-esteem. Laser skin resurfacing uses CO2 lasers to penetrate deep into the skin. The deep penetration promotes healing of the skin and at the same time preserve the upper layer of the skin called the epidermis.
Laser skin resurfacing produces microbeams that generate numerous small columns. The small columns microbeams will penetrate the external layer of the skin or known as the epidermis and the internal layer called dermis. These columns of heat will cause safe destruction of the inner layers of the skin and this triggers the healthy skin around the columns to start the repair process via the body’s healing mechanism. The skin will recover from the bottom-most layer and replaces the damaged skin on top. This results in improved skin complexion. The result is a more even-textured and tighter looking skin. This is different from ablative lasers that damage the epidermis to induce healing.
You must do the following to get the best result from laser skin resurfacing:
- Take a few days off as you might experience discomfort like having a sunburn
- Maintain your skin moist by drinking sufficient water and applying skin moisturizer
- Avoid outdoor activities to protect your skin from any damage by UV rays
- Apply sunblock if you still need to go out
- Do not use makeup
- Skin products containing retinoids are prohibited during the healing phase as it will just cause skin damage
Laser skin resurfacing treatment is a safe procedure. Complications following this procedure are rare. The following are the possible side effects:
- Pain: Pain is very subjective and depends on individuals. Most people will not complain of any pain. The majority of clients only experienced minor discomfort. Before the procedure, a numbing cream is applied to your face to counter this effect. Your doctor will assess the level of pain you are experiencing and may give you some local anaesthetic agent if needed or required.
- Redness: Some people may experience the redness of the face that persists for a few weeks.
- Scarring: There is a very small chance of scarring and your doctor will ask with regards to your history of skin problems to determine if you are at risk of scarring.
- Hyperpigmentation: There is a higher risk of this happening in people with darker skin tones.
- Infection: People who have weak immune systems or on medications that weaken their immunity like chemotherapy or corticosteroids are not advised to undergo this procedure.
The best laser to shrink pores is the laser skin resurfacing procedure that uses a CO2 laser. Do not hesitate to come and get your skin treated. Beauty belongs to all of us. Let’s do something to celebrate our beauty and appreciate it.