Counseling and Psychotherapy Treatment
What does ‘health’ mean? The World Health Organization defines health as …a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Therefore, doctors around the world are equally emphasizing the promotion of mental health as well as physical health.
There are days when we feel empty, hopeless, and low esteem. Some life events and personal factors are responsible for developing these low moods. However, depressive disorder is a condition that disturbs the emotional, behavior and social maturity standards of a person. We all are not the same. Therefore, some of us suffer from depression while others do not.
Today, depression is a common illness that may be a result of physiological as well as psychological complex causes. A report published by The Guardian states that around 300+ million people are suffering from depression. And the sad part is fewer than half of the people with depression are receiving treatment.
Yes, depression is real and so is its cure.
Depression can be treated with depression drugs (antidepressants) when the case is too complex. Majorly, depression can be cured through counseling and Psychotherapy treatment and exercises.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
According to experts the causes for depression are exactly not known. However, there are specific triggers—such as sudden life changes, stressful incidents, and trauma can cause depression. Depression may involve one or more of the following symptoms:
- Become anti-social
- Sleeping or eating too much or too little
- Feeling unworthy
- Consistently low esteem and low confidence
- Being addicted to drugs ( including alcohol and nicotine).
- Showing excess or no emotions
- Always confused
- Can’t complete daily tasks like cooking meals or driving
- Illusions and Hearing voices
- Suicidal thoughts
- Shutting down attachments
- Become unfocused
- Anxiety attacks
- Feeling tired
- Weight Gain or weight loss
- Feeling Blue
TYPES OF DEPRESSION
There are different types of depression depending upon causes, signs, and symptoms. The types of depression determine if it will be cured by drugs or through counseling and Psychotherapy treatment.
We have listed a few depression types:
- Major Depression or the clinical depression-A person suffering from major depression experience an on-going sense of hopelessness and despair.
- Chronic depression or dysthymia depression– It is a milder type of depression where a person may encounter symptoms for a longer period of time.
- Atypical depression– It is a subtype of major or dysthymia depression where the person may be highly reactive to environmental conditions and oversensitive to failures and rejections.
- Postpartum depression– Commonly known as PPD, it is found in women who have recently delivered a baby. The new mothers face depression due to emotional, behavioral, and physical changes after giving birth.
- Bipolar depression– It is a mood disorder that changes the normal mood of a person to extreme elation and high energy states.
- Seasonal depression– Also known as a seasonal affective disorder or SAD, it is a depression that occurs due to altitude-related changes at the same time (Season) every year.
- Psychotic depression– The person suffering from psychotic depression may suffer from hallucinations and illusions.
- Treatment-resistant depression– Also called refractory depression, it may take a long time to recover for months or even years. You may feel that the depression treatment has failed destructively and you don’t feel any better.
Do you think you are depressed? Do any of the signs and symptoms match with your condition? Learn when to see a doctor and know how your doctor will diagnose if you are suffering from depression or not. Here are the basic steps doctors follow to diagnose depression among their patients:
To make a comprehensive diagnosis of your mental health, the doctor may ask you to undergo special blood tests and laboratory tests. Also, he/she may ask you sudden questions that may help to figure out the cause and type of depression. After a complete diagnosis, the expert will help you with treatment through Counselling and Psychotherapy Treatment or medications.
Some of these questions are-
- How often have you felt depressed, low, unworthy, or stressed in the past 15 days?
- Have you ever thought of committing suicide or killing someone?
- How many hours do you sleep?
- How often have you gone out with your family or friends?
- Do you want to stay at home all day long or go out?
- Do you feel energetic as before or do you feel tired all the time?
- Is there any family history of depression?
Is depression curable? Can doctors treat it without any anti-depressants? There are many concerns when it comes to the treatment of depression. The answer is YES! In most of cases, depression can be cured with counseling and psychotherapy treatment. Only in extremely complex cases, the doctors prescribe medications to the patients.
Since its inception in 2016, Dementech Neurosciences is offering a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to treat depression with the world’s best diagnosis methods to treat depression. The experts at Dementech understand that every patient is difficult. Therefore, they provide tailor treatment solutions that significantly improve the quality of their patient’s life and wellbeing.