Heart diseases are more common that one can think of. The World Health Organization states that more than 17.9 million people die from heart diseases globally every year. The cruelest forms of cardiovascular disorders that contribute to maximum deaths include high blood pressure (hypertension), heart strokes, heart attacks, and cardiac arrest. Besides, low body metabolism is also one reason that leads to the buildup of cholesterol and plaque. The result is again hypertension. Which is why you should be very mindful of what you eat and how you live. Having said that, you can always count on natural ways to safely increase your energy levels and heart health are listed in the guide below.
1. Weight Management
It’s no secret that obese people are more likely to develop heart disorders due to poor metabolic rate. Lower metabolism results in the improper breakdown of complex cholesterol molecules. It constricts arteries and veins. The ramifications are;
● Heart attacks
● Heart strokes
● Cardiac arrests
● Coronary heart diseases
Therefore, you should exercise to reduce weight. People with low weight have high energy. Thus, you must focus on different exercises like low impact cardio, high-intensity interval training, and strength training, in order to lose weight and increase metabolism.
2. Properly Balanced Diet
A properly balanced diet is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibers. The most significant nutrients for promoting heart health include;
● Vitamin E and Vitamin C strengthen blood capillaries and help in breaking down the molecules of bad cholesterol.
● Coenzyme Q10 is just as good as vitamins and antioxidants. It reduces the risk of high blood pressure and improves energy levels.
● Psyllium fiber helps in reducing the risk of heart attack, improving the levels of lipid, and strengthening the blood capillaries.
● Vitamin C that’s blessed with ascorbic acid (an antioxidant) reduces bad cholesterol; thereby, preventing heart attacks and high blood pressure.
● Vitamin B9 or folic acid lowers the risk of stroke by a huge margin of 20%. It does so by reducing homocysteine levels and increasing metabolism.
● Magnesium controls heartbeat since it carries the function of transporting and supplying electrolytes in the cells. It also reduces palpitations and the risk of a heart attack.
● Electrolytes in the heart – like calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium – performs the function of controlling electrical impulse. Imbalance in the electrical impulse can lead to Ventricular fibrillation (disturbingly deadly disorder).
3. Healthy Beverages
Beverages that promote metabolic rate and cut down fat are best for reducing fat. Some of the best drinks healthy for heart include;
● Green tea
● Black tea
● Soy milk
● Cranberry juice
● Tomato soup
The beverages that are harmful to heart health include;
● Aerated/carbonated drinks
● Drinking with artificial sweeteners
You should also consider quitting smoking to increase your energy levels and heart health.
Additional Healthy Habits For Promoting Heart Health
Other than the tips listed above, the ones down below are noteworthy too.
● Drink a lot of water
● Get enough sleep
● Avoid exposing your body to pollution
● Practice deep breathing exercises that can control problems like increasing pulse and reaching the heart
● Eat enough fiber to promote digestion