Due to growing celebrity influence, awareness towards one’s appearance has increased. Along with the appearance, societal pressure has also been increasing. Baldness makes people appear a lot older than they actually are. Hair loss happens to almost every individual once in their lifetime. There are many people who have led a healthy lifestyle, but baldness runs in their family, it can be hereditary. Research says that almost 80% per cent men suffer hair loss by the time they are 50. This is mainly because of androgenetic alopecia.
But the good news is that modern science has solutions in the form of hair transplant procedures. Hair transplant or hair restoration is a procedure that involves the extraction of hair follicles from the donor area and implanting them to the bald or recipient areas. And for this solution, hair transplant in Mumbai tends to be one of the best options. With high success, Mumbai is claimed to have expertise in hair transplant.
According to ClinicSpots, hair transplant cost in Mumbai ranges from Rs.30,000- Rs.1,00,000 on an average. This cost estimate for hair transplant procedure depends upon various factors which include:
- Experience of the surgeon– A surgeon who is highly experienced and has handled hundreds of hair transplant cases tends to charge higher as compared to other surgeons.
- Clinic- If you wish to visit a high end clinic for the hair transplant, it is eventually going to cost you higher.
- Technique you opt for– There are different techniques available for Hair transplant. Hence, the cost range for hair transplant varies accordingly.
- Technology used for the procedure– If the clinic has an access to the latest technology, it is going charge higher.
- Session wise cost– Normally, a patient is firstly examined and then the surgeons decide the number of grafts required for him/her. On the basis of requirement of grafts, the surgeons determine the number of sessions required to complete the procedure.
Apart from this, there is a very important point that needs to be considered beforehand. Normally, the teens who suffer hair loss due to nutritional deficiencies, extreme dieting or stress, opt for hair transplant because appearance is an important subject for them. Especially, in the social media era where these teens spend almost their entire day on those platforms. But, the hair loss problem in teens is resolvable with right medication and right care. Doctors usually advise the teens to wait for few years before the surgery can be performed on them. Always consult an experienced hair surgeon and look for his qualification and patient reviews. Only, a doctor having good experience will guide you in right direction. You can take a look at the comprehensive list of hair transplant doctor’s at ClinicSpots, for hair transplant in Mumbai
The doctors will normally ask patients to wait till their twenties, so that the hair loss becomes discernible and they can expect what kind of hair fall the patient will experience in future. And considering this point, the doctor will further plan the hairline and place the grafts accordingly. However, there are medications which the teens can use during this time to get rid of hair loss.
Moving on to the types of hair transplant procedure, the modern science has made it easy for every individual to rely on hair transplant procedures. Basically, there are two techniques of hair transplant in Mumbai which include:
- SURGICAL HAIR TRANSPLANT
- NON- SURGICAL HAIR TRANSPLANT
Surgical Hair Transplant
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) – This technique normally involves extraction of a strip from the donor area and then separating it into grafts. Each graft is then transplanted into the bald areas.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)- Under FUE, individual follicles are extracted from the donor area and then transplanted into the bald spots. FUE is basically advancement of FUT.
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)- Under DHI, the hair follicles are directly transplanted into the recipient area.
- Robotic Surgery- It is more of an accurate and guaranteed technique. As it is designed by the specialists and then performed by the robots.
Non- Surgical Hair Transplant-
- Platelet- Rich Plasma therapy ( PRP)- Under PRP, the patient’s blood is first extracted, processed and then injected into the scalp.
Mumbai being the financial capital provides a list of highly specialized doctors and clinics with access to latest technologies. The doctors here always clarify the expected result and risks before undergoing the surgery. Therefore, Mumbai tends to be a preferred destination for hair transplant.